Q: My 2008 Yaris turns off after about 20 seconds of idling

When the car reach the ambient temperature it turns off suddenly and when turn it on again it idles for about (10-20) seconds and turns off again .... And the tester didn't record anything

When it goes cold it works fine. What can I do too solve this problem??

A: Your stalling issue could be caused by seve...

Your stalling issue could be caused by several different components. You will want to look into the following and try the easiest tests first. This will depend largely on the equipment you have available. Tracking down an issue like this is largely a process of elimination.

A clogged or malfunctioning EGR valve can cause this issue, but it would have likely set a code. You can remove the valve and clean it and the passes. A clogged catalytic converter will cause the engine to stall as well. You can check it and see if it is clogged, but this may require removing it from the vehicle.

You can look at the catalytic converter at night and see if it is hot enough to emit a glow. You can also tap on the catalytic converter to see if you hear a rattle or clank. This would indicate that the filter inside is broken, likely due to overheating. Secondly, a weak fuel pump relay may get warm and fail to make the connection. You can test this by replacing the relay and attempting to recreate the problem. You may be able to use another relay off of the vehicle to test this, but you must use a compatible relay.

Not only will these relays fail, but your ignition coils could also expand in the heat. Check the coils, distributor, and the spark plugs. If they are worn, frayed, burnt, or loose you will want to replace them.

I recommend having a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, have a look at your car to determine exactly why your car is stalling and propose any needed repairs.