Q: My 2005 Nissan Maxima will not show that its in park and it’s not allowing the car to start

My 2005 Nissan Maxima will not show that its in park and it’s not allowing the car to start

Is the vehicle in park? If it’s not in park, the neutral start switch will open the circuit and prevent starting (as a safety measure). If the vehicle is in park for sure, that is the manual lever on the transmission is in the park position and the shifter is in park, and yet there is no response to the key in the start position, then there is likely a fault in the starting circuit. Whatever the underlying cause, if you request a no start diagnostic the required repairs will be performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2005 Nissan Maxima will not show that its in park and it’s not allowing the car to start