Q: My 2003 altima has issues starting in the heat.

It is throwing a camshaft position sensor and a engine coolant temperature sensor. I have cleaned the throttle body and fuel injectors using seafoam. I have no idea what to do next. Please help!

If the check engine light is on, and codes are stored, you should definitely first get the faults that have caused the codes to set fully resolved. If one of the codes relates to out of range signals from the camshaft position sensor, that could be a cause of hard starting. To get a resolution to these issues, just request a check engine light diagnostic. If hard starting remains after codes are resolved, the mechanic will consider other causes of hard starting which include a malfunctioning idle air control (IAC) valve, vacuum and EGR leaks, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors), and contaminated or old gasoline. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2003 altima has issues starting in the heat.