Q: My 2002 Pontiac sunfire is leaking coolant. The radiator, water pump, and head gasket has all been replaced. What’s the problem?

I’ve replaced the head gasket, the radiator, and water pump and my car is still leaking coolant. It’s pooling over in front of the passenger side of the car. My hoses up top are fine and aren’t loose. I filled my coolant tank up last night and woke up to as somewhat dried up puddle. It’s definitely coolant.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A trained mechanic would probably pinpoint the origin of the leak just on visual examination but if the origin is not clear a simple pressure test will pinpoint it. Engine coolant can leak externally through a hose, radiator, water pump, etc. or internally due to a leaking head gasket and sometimes a leaking intake manifold gasket depending on the engine design. As noted, external leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2002 Pontiac sunfire is leaking coolant. The radiator, water pump, and head gasket has all been replaced. What’s the problem?