Q: My 2002 civic starts and all seems good but It wont drive, it may drive alitte dpwn the road then it stops and wont go again

My car starts and all seem well but when I put it in drive it just revs. It sometimes will drive up the road but then it stops and does the same thing. The fluid seems fine.

Hi Samantha. Thanks for sending in your question tonight. What you are describing is commonly associated with an inner transmission fault. This can range from a damaged inner seal that is leaking hydraulic (transmission fluid) to a torque converter fault. It is also possible that there is debris trapped inside the hydraulic lines, which can be removed by flushing the transmission fluid and replacing the filter. I think the best way to begin the diagnosis process is to have a professional mechanic or transmission shop flush the transmission fluid and replace the filter. If the symptoms improve - then your car should be fine to continue driving for quite some time. However, if this does not resolve the problem, an internal transmission inspection would be required by a transmission specialist.

3. My 2002 civic starts and all seems good but It wont drive, it may drive alitte dpwn the road then it stops and wont go again