Q: my 2001 chevy express overheating,start leak coolant,vent back to mechanik who replace radiator 3 mon agoy,been told fan cluch nat

my 2001 chevy express overheating,start leak coolant,vent back to mechanik who replace radiator 3 mon agoy,been told fan cluch not change speed,fan run with same speed.

It is entirely possible the fan clutch has failed. When this happens, the fan will not pull enough air through the radiator and cause the engine to run hot. Generally there are two types of fan clutch designs. One is centrifugal. At low vehicle speeds when the engine is at low rpms, the clutch engages the fan more directly. This is so more air can move through the radiator at low speeds when air is not moving quickly through the radiator. When engine and vehicle speeds are higher, it allows the fan to spin more freely since the vehicle is moving and air flow through the radiator will occur naturally.The other type is thermostatic. When the coil on the front of the fan clutch senses more heat, it then engages the fan more directly and allows the fan to spin more freely when the temperatures come down a bit. If the overheating is determined to be caused by a faulty fan clutch, then it should be replaced as soon as possible.

3. my 2001 chevy express overheating,start leak coolant,vent back to mechanik who replace radiator 3 mon agoy,been told fan cluch nat