Q: My 2000 Chevrolet Silverado will not shift into 3d & 4th gear or reverse only into 2nd gear

As i was trying to check my trucks velocity i shifted into N but after i quickly shifted into D when i did that i heard something pop. I tried putting it into reverse and it wouldnt shift , i also tried shifting into the 3rd&4th gear and it wouldnt work . I drove home with the 2nd gear only because it was the only one that would work . Do you know what may be going on ? Do you think its the transmission or its just the shift silenoids that need to be replaced ?

Hello. Most of the time when this occurs with this noise it is because the sun shell in the transmission broke. This is very common. The transmission would need to be rebuilt to fix it. I would recommend taking it to a transmission specialist for this.

3. My 2000 Chevrolet Silverado will not shift into 3d & 4th gear or reverse only into 2nd gear