Q: My 2000 Chevrolet Silverado will not shift into 3d & 4th gear or reverse only into 2nd gear

As i was trying to check my trucks velocity i shifted into N but after i quickly shifted into D when i did that i heard something pop. I tried putting it into reverse and it wouldnt shift , i also tried shifting into the 3rd&4th gear and it wouldnt work . I drove home with the 2nd gear only because it was the only one that would work . Do you know what may be going on ? Do you think its the transmission or its just the shift silenoids that need to be replaced ?

3. My 2000 Chevrolet Silverado will not shift into 3d & 4th gear or reverse only into 2nd gear