Q: Q: Clicking sound when turning over.

My husband is trying to figure out what is going on with our truck. He's already replaced the battery, starter,fuel pump and put gas in it. When we turn the key over it makes a clicking/knocking type of noise and won't start up. What could be the problem??

What you are describing sounds like a faulty starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Clicking sound when turning over.