Q: My 1999 ram 5.3 I was driving it an it stalled an quit would not turn over I towed it home look at the balancer the bolt was lose

My 1999 Dodge 5.2 I was driving home from work it quit I pulled over an it would not turn over I had it towed home I look at the balancer the bolt was lose I took it out an the balancer was broke where in flies on the crank an the key way was twisted do I need a new crank an balancer

If the balancer has fallen off of the engine, it is very likely that the balancer has been damaged and will require replacement. The ideal repair would be to replace the harmonic balancer and the woodruff key only. If the woodruff key falling out has damaged the crankshaft to the point where a new woodruff key cannot be installed, unfortuantely the crankshaft will require replacement in order to fix this issue. If you are unsure of whether or not the crankshaft is damaged beyond repair, consider YourMechanic for a vehicle inspection to determine if the crankshaft can be salvaged.

3. My 1999 ram 5.3 I was driving it an it stalled an quit would not turn over I towed it home look at the balancer the bolt was lose