Q: My 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee sometimes doesnt start, when it does it doesnt always run.

My jeep doesn't allows start and when it does start it doesn't always run, sometimes it will shut off immediately sometimes it will be 30-1 hours while driving before it stops, sometimes it doesn't stop driving at all. I changed my cat converter thinking that it may be stopped up. well that hasn't helped, I changed the piece that is under the distrubtor cap, I bought a new battery, and I have no warning lights on at all, I can hear the fuel pump kick on. I am not sure what to do the other day, while it kept stopping on me while driving I got out and wiggled the spark plug wires and then it started I repeated this process about 10 times until I reached my destination. It took me about 1 hour to go 3 miles down the road. please give me any options that it may be so hopefully I can fix this. thanks!

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. There could be several problems going on here, ranging from an issues with the fuel system, spark, or sensor issues. The computer would need to be scanned for data input from the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. The crankshaft or camshaft sensors are the most common problems causing the no start or stall as you described. I recommend having the stalling issue inspected by an expert in person in order to have this properly diagnosed and repaired.