Q: My 1997 eclipse is dying on Me and I have no check engine light . What can it be ?

My car just had an oil change and is not leaking but it keeps dying on me and when it does the oil light appears only . Also it loses power on me while driving but starts right back up .

Hi Issac. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Usually, when a car starts then stalls while driving or waiting at a stop signal, it’s due to a fuel or ignition problem - possibly the mass air flow sensor or ignition coil. It’s also common for a faulty fuel pump relay to cause these issues too. I’m not sure if anything during the oil change could be causing this, but the oil light coming on before it stalls could indicate that the oil pump is faulty and that you’re having oil pressure problems. Regardless of the guesses, the right way to have this diagnosed is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car start then dies inspection.

3. My 1997 eclipse is dying on Me and I have no check engine light . What can it be ?