Q: My 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 battery

I've had my alternator checked and the report said it was fine. So i got another battery, still same. After that got the alternator is still the same. Both batteries did the same, leaking an bubbling. Any ideas on the problem? thanks

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a common issue related to what is called a voltage regulator which regulates the charging supply to the battery from the alternator. When this is not working properly, it may undercharge or overcharge the battery. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.