Q: My 1983 rabbit gti 1.8 liter changed alternator and valve cover gasket now when I drive the car it turns off when I come to a stop

Changed valve cover gasket and alternator.Alternator is not charging all the way until I step on the gas then when I drive the car it turns off when I come to a stop or push in the clutch. It does not idle like it did before I changed the parts. Thanks

Hi there. At first glance I would assume that the repairs you made are not related to the starting then stalling problem. Usually when you experience this type of problem it can be due to a vacuum line that has come off, a clogged fuel or air filter or perhaps fuel injector problems. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection.

3. My 1983 rabbit gti 1.8 liter changed alternator and valve cover gasket now when I drive the car it turns off when I come to a stop