Q: My 1983 rabbit gti 1.8 liter changed alternator and valve cover gasket now when I drive the car it turns off when I come to a stop

Changed valve cover gasket and alternator.Alternator is not charging all the way until I step on the gas then when I drive the car it turns off when I come to a stop or push in the clutch. It does not idle like it did before I changed the parts. Thanks

3. My 1983 rabbit gti 1.8 liter changed alternator and valve cover gasket now when I drive the car it turns off when I come to a stop