Q: My 06 Tundra SR5 V8 starts and immediatly dies?

I am attempting to perform a coolant flush. I have all the trottle housing off for easier access. I got some coolant on the serpentive belt and pulleys. However, I have rinse it and replaced the serpentine belt with the old one and problem persists. Could it be with the MAF sensor? The engine is not get ting air and need to reconnect the trottle housing back. I am stumped.

A: Hi there: If you’ve removed the air intake...

Hi there:

If you’ve removed the air intake housing and are attempting to start the engine without it being fully installed; it will die as you’ve described. If everything is assembled and all sensors are attached; then you might have a problem with a mass air flow sensor, or the idle control valve. Double check that everything is attached; and if the issue continues, feel free to contact one of our local mechanics to complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can help you diagnose the problem and recommend the right repairs.