Q: Multiple vibrations when driving truck

While driving my truck there are vibrations that I can feel in the seat, floor, steering wheel, accelerator, brake pedals, etc. From experimenting, the worst speed at which the vibrations happen is 76 mph. At other speeds, the vibrations are slightly less with a varying degree of the vibration levels. I have found numerous other complaints from owners of my make/model truck, yet GM has refused to help any of them, including me. People were first reporting difficulties, like mine, in 2015 and the complaints have continued in both the 2015 and 2016 model years. What will stop these vibrations?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500. Since your vehicle is still fairly new, most faults on the car should be covered by warranty. You would have to continue to work with GM on this issue. It seems as though this is more of a drivetrain issue based on reports and NHTSA has over 300 complaints logged on this issue. With this problem being commonly reported, it is likely that GM is working on a solution or is trying to locate the cause of the problem. If you would rather not deal with the dealership, you could have a certified technician from YourMechanic inspect the vibration issue and give you their assessment on what fixes would work.