Q: Multiple replacements required due to popping clutch

I popped the clutch to start my car, but no longer will do that anymore. The following have been replaced: battery, plugs, rotor, wires, and cap. When I had the alternator, starter, and the solenoid tested, they tested as good. I installed jumper wire by undoing the wires at the clutch pedal; nothing happened when I turned the key in the ignition to the start position. Would you please give me a diagnosis and what I can do to repair my car?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1992 Toyota Paseo. It sounds like there is some underlying electrical issue that is occurring. A loose or corroded connection can be causing problems in the ignition circuit. I would recommend having a certified technician thoroughly inspect the electrical circuits to make sure power signal is going to the proper components when the key is turned.

3. Multiple replacements required due to popping clutch