Q: Multiple replacements required due to popping clutch

I popped the clutch to start my car, but no longer will do that anymore. The following have been replaced: battery, plugs, rotor, wires, and cap. When I had the alternator, starter, and the solenoid tested, they tested as good. I installed jumper wire by undoing the wires at the clutch pedal; nothing happened when I turned the key in the ignition to the start position. Would you please give me a diagnosis and what I can do to repair my car?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1992 Toyota Paseo. It sounds like there is some underlying electrical issue that is occurring. A loose or corroded connection can be causing problems in the ignition circuit. I would recommend having a certified technician thoroughly inspect the electrical circuits to make sure power signal is going to the proper components when the key is turned.