Q: Muffler extremely loud

My muffler is extremely loud and may need to be patched.

3. Muffler extremely loud

Q: Minor skip when accelerating -1985 Chevrolet C10 Pickup

Hello, thanks for writing in. This sounds like an exhaust valve was adjusted too tight after the rebuild, causing combustion to leak past the exhaust valve into the exhaust itself. For an in-person diagnosis, a certified technician from YourMechanic can...

Q: Nail in tire was removed but tire did not lose air. Nail did not penetrate all the way thru. Is tire still safe?

Hey there. As long as you sprayed soapy water on the area and no leak was found then you should be okay to operate the car without too much worry. If there was a leak, you would begin to see...

Q: clarinet noise 80 mph

Hi, there may be too much air coming through the cabin air filter inlet located in the engine bay, and the turbulence of it causes the clarinet sound. I suggest that the condition of the cabin air filter is checked...