Q: mpg low on 2006 Jeep Cherokee

I get about avg. 15 mpg any tips how make it move up

A: Make sure your tires are fully inflated to ...

Make sure your tires are fully inflated to the pressure listed in your owners manual or drivers door information plate. Check your fan clutch, if so equipped, to see if it turns fairly easy when the engine is cold.

Sometimes the fan clutch will stay engaged all the time and cause the engine to use more fuel because of the additional load on the vehicle. The way a person drives is a major factor in fuel mileage.

Experiment with your driving to find if that helps you. The more you hit your brakes, the more fuel you are using because of the over acceleration. Try to back off the throttle more in advance. It may not save much, but every little bit adds up. Also, make sure your vehicle is tuned up and functioning as designed. A faulty oxygen sensor will keep your vehicle in open loop, which means it can’t adjust the fuel as accurately. A good may option may be to just have a car checkup to see if there are any components that are causing the lower gas mileage. If you would like to have this done, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your car’s low mileage to see if anything should be done.