Q: Mounts

Does the engine have to be jacked to replaced the motor mount on the top passenger side

The top motor mount is usually only used to prevent the motor from twisting under load. The side and lower mounts carry the weight of the engine. That said, I always use a floor jack and a piece of wood to secure the motor in case one of the other mounts are worn or broken. You can always use the jack to reposition the motor if needed to allow the bolts to more easily pass through the bracket and mount. For the few minutes it takes to use the jack, it is worth it for the safety factor alone.

If you need some assistance with the replacement of your engine mount, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can ensure clean installment at your own convenience. Best of luck!