Q: Motor swap

Can i put a 1999 jeep cherokee 4.0 motor in my 2000 jeep cherokee . I notice my 4.0 has a coil pack and the 1999 motor i want to put in it doesnt . Does that make a difference ?

A: Yes, it will make a difference but it's...

Yes, it will make a difference but it's possible the older engine has a different type of ignition system and all of the components from the newer engine will need to be transferred to the older one.

There may be issues with the camshaft or crankshaft sensor locations on the two engines, so take note of that. Also, you should swap the engine harness and anything else that looks different. The best way to go about this is to set the engines next to each other, side by side, and swap all of the components that appear different.