Q: Motor home dying when slowing

I have a motor home and when I slow down, it dies. I have been told that the fuel filter, which is in the gas tank, needs to be replaced.

A: If it was the fuel filter, then the engine ...

If it was the fuel filter, then the engine would die or lose power while accelerating. I think the problem you are having is with the idle control valve. When the idle control valve is going bad, then your will not be able to control the idle. The system will need to be tested for proper operation of the idle control valve. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic, like the ones from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you. They will be able to inspect your stalling issue and determine what repairs should be made.