Q: Motor

Need to know what caused my motor to lock. Starter is good. Can't get the pulleys to turn to turn the motor

Q: I have a 2004 Ford Freestar. I just recently had the transmission fluid changed. Now my van won't go into gear. Did that possibly

Changing the transmission fluid will not typically cause the transmission to fail. You should check the fluid level. If the level is too low, the transmission will malfunction. There are also external faults, such as problems with the shift linkage,...

Q: Squeaking noise coming from under the hood upon cold start.

Hey there, thanks for writing in. The noise can be the serpentine belt tensioner not putting enough tension on the belt. In this case, you would most likely need to replace the tensioner along with the belt to resolve this...

Q: My car wouldn't start one day but started fine the next.

For this vehicle, the wiring harness connections on each and every module may have what is called "fretting corrosion", which will cause intermittent loss of connection in the module. A certified mechanic will have to go through each and every...