Q: Motor blown

My wife blew her motor in her 2005 Chevy classic... My buddy has a totaled 05 Hyundai sonata will it's motor fit. It's either a 2.5D or 2.7D

A: No. The engine in your Chevrolet is a 4 cyl...

No. The engine in your Chevrolet is a 4 cylinder Ecotec. You'll have to find the same engine. There are two different options to look for when searching for a replacement. You have to look to see if your engine has an EGR valve. Some do, some do not.

Here are the cars that will have a potential match: 2002-2005 Grand Am, Alero, Cavalier, Sunfire, and of course a Malibu Classic.

If you need some with finding your EGR valve, feel free to contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to you and inspect your engine firsthand. They'll be able to give a second opinion from there. Good luck