Q: Mot a non-starting car

Hi. I have a car that needs a new starter motor and can only be bump started. I want to see if it will go through an mot before I spend out on the starter motor. My question is - can it be mot ed only being able to be bump started? Thanks in advance

A: It's very unlikely that your vehicle wi...

It's very unlikely that your vehicle will pass a MOT inspection if it needs to be bump started. Having to rely on bump starting your car to get it running isn't really considered safe, so it's doubtful they will allow it to pass in that condition. I would suggest having the starter replaced by a qualified technician first, because even if you decide to sell the car, it will be worth much more in starting condition than not.

Recommended services
Get a Quote