Q: Morning start problems

I have f150 2010 .. it has some performance parts k+n air filter flow mater exhaust plugs .. in the morning first start of the day truck will try to start but nothing no engine light . I was told to apply gas pedal a little while starting it works but still hard to start once start truck has no problems starting after that .. any ideas?

Hi there. First thing I’d check is your cold start injector. The cold start injector is also known as the cold start valve. The part is located on the cold air intake, which is found on the intake manifold. It is a fuel injector that is controlled electronically. The cold start injector works only when the engine has a cold start, or when the engine’s temperature is below a certain point. When this happens, a computer tells the injector to inject more fuel into the mixture that goes through the cylinders to the engine.

3. Morning start problems