Q: More details about window...

Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately, a friend is using my car for a couple of days, because hers is IN THE SHOP!

We are also having some rain today, so she is having to be creative staying dry during her drive. She said the motor is making no noise.

I will contact you when I get the car back to let you know any further information you need.

(This is a great way to serve automobile repair customers! Whoever thought of it is a genius!!!)

Thank you,

Betty Stockman flowerdot555@gmail.com

A: If you do not hear the motor operate when t...

If you do not hear the motor operate when the window switch is activated, then the motor would need to be checked for power and ground, as it will not operate if one is not present. The door panel will need to be removed to check this, and to test the motor directly. If the motor is getting power as it should, but still doesn’t work, then the motor and regulator should be replaced. If the motor is not getting the correct power, then the body computer would need to be tested to see if it has an internal problem. The most common problem is the window motor and regulator needing replacement. I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, check the window operation and diagnose the failed part.