Q: More cc or more number of cylinders

Hi sir my name is ali i am mailing you to ask one technical question there are two ways to increae power of engine one is to increase the size cubic capacity cc (cylinder size)of the engine and second is to increase number of cylinders there are 6.0 litre v8 and there is 6.0 litre v12 which got more power and what the main different between v12 and v8 but both are 6 liter engine well waiting for your reply thanks indeed

A: The 6.0 L engine means that all of the cyli...

The 6.0 L engine means that all of the cylinders in the engine add up to 6.0L. If you have a V-8 then each cylinder is capable of .75 liters. In a V12 each cylinder is .5 liters each. The power each cylinder develops depends on the valve train type and how much air can get into the cylinders. If you turbo or supercharge an engine, or have 4 valves instead of 2, then you can increase the amount of air that gets in the cylinder. Increase the amount of air and more fuel, and you will get more out of it. This is why a 4 cylinder engine can be designed to produce more power than a standard 8 cylinder. There is a lot more to developing power in an engine than more cylinders or size of cylinders.

If you need any assistance with your engine, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you and service your vehicle at your own convenience.