Q: Missing throughout driving range.

I have a horrid miss in my 2.3 ranger. here is what I have already done... Replaced; IAC valve, TPS, Cam sensor, Spark Plugs, Coil packs x2, wire set, fuel filter, oil and filter change, EVAP valve. Checked; charging system, Fuel injector operation, EGR valve and flow sensor, manifold vacuum system including lines and gaskets... no leaks, EVAP system check.Was driving down freeway when it started to buck, took over a month for it to throw a misfire code on cylinder #3. Checked compression on all 4 cylinders and all are within tolerances. what else could be the problem?

A: The 2.3 L engine is a very dependable engin...

The 2.3 L engine is a very dependable engine that has been around for a long time. If the misfire code is always for cylinder number 3 then you will have to look at the possible problems with that cylinder. Have the injectors switched from cylinder number 3 to another cylinder to see if the code moves along with it. If the problem moved to the other cylinder then the injector will be proven to be faulty. By performing this check it will help you assess whether the problem lies with the injector or cylinder. If you need some assistance with this, consider enlisting a qualified mechanic who can diagnose your misfire and make the appropriate repairs to get your car running smoothly again. Good luck.