Q: Missing spring in a bleeder valve hydraulic clutch

I own a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire that was sitting for a long time i had to change the hydraulic fluid which was very junky and gross I had to dismantle the bleeder valve to clean it out because the clutch was sticking due to the lack of pressurization when I did that the spring popped from the pin and is missing I have another slave cylinder that I can replace the bleeder valve is the original although it's connected when it's not or I would just change the spring from One slave to the other but it's too short RV part stores in my area do not sell the individual pieces of the slave I can't find any information as to what what type of spring I can get I've tried looking for a 2005 Cavalier Coupe standard parts car but I could only use one being sold by an individual owner else I would have to buy the whole slave any option to finding a replacement spring for the valve itself

Hello. You might check with a local auto parts store to see if the spring is included in a slave cylinder rebuild kit. That kit will have a new slave cylinder seal, boot, and often the return spring.

You mention that there was a "lack of pressurization" to the slave cylinder. This would indicate either air in the fluid line, or a worn/damaged clutch master cylinder. You should check both the master and slave cylinders for proper operation while repairing this problem. I would recommend having a clutch is not working inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage, and give you an estimate for the cost of repairs.