Q: Missing in the beginning & RPM cutoff at 3000

hi..when starting the car there is engine missing & when RPM reach to 3 it will cutoff util the rpm return to below 2800 it will continue& engine light is on though i changed fuel filter & spark plug...& i am driving my car daily but RPM must not reach to 3 Note(when i cleaned Air Sensor there was no missing & i was driving with RPM above 3 it was ok..but unfortunitly the same problem returned after driving by 20minutes)

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. If the engine is misfiring and you cleaned the air sensor, I think you mean Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor, then the problem lies within the sensor. Replace the MAF and recheck for the conditions that you are having. The rpm’s won’t go above 3,000 for the computer has the engine in limp mode. For the computer to go into limp mode, a sensor has tripped or failed. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to assess your misfire condition.