Q: Missing hose and need help identifying it. Please help.

Lost hose that is located under the two heater hoses after doing a repair. New to working on my vehicle, I tried to plug the hole and afterwards, water began leaking in my car from under the dash. I do have a picture if able to post of where it would be located but do not see a place to post under this question. Either way, do you possibly know what the hose would be officially called so I may replace it? Thank you!

Hi there. The hose that you are describing sounds like the heater core by-pass hose. If the hose is short and straight, then it would be the heater by-pass hose. The heater by-pass hose it to by-pass the heating system until the engine is hot. If you need further assistance with your coolant hoses, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.