Q: missing engine

I have 1973 chevy truck that i changed over to electric ingnition a while back about 4 years ago now the truck runs smooth at idle but when i push the gas fast it pops like it missing
My car has an automatic transmission. i also put new cap and rotor plug and wires and new modual in distibuter it just started about 3 days ago 350 motor 4 barral and timing is right on mark

It is hard to say if the problem is from the distributor advancing timing or if your carburetor is not pumping fuel into the engine. With engine off, look into the carburetor and move the throttle to see if you see fuel squirting into the front two throttle bores.

If you see fuel then the accelerator pump is working. If you do not see fuel squirt in then the fuel pump is bad and the carburetor needs overhauled or replaced.

You need to also look to see if the timing is increasing when you accelerate the engine. The timing should increase to above 25 or 35 degrees when you accelerate. If you are not getting any advancement of the timing then the distributor is causing the problem.

I’d recommend getting the vehicle inspected by a certified technician, they will be able to diagnose your misfiring symptoms and fix it accordingly.

3. missing engine