Q: misses at higher speeds

My Saturn seems to lunge or miss when I drive at higher speeds of 60 - 70 mph and loses power. It runs fine at lower speeds. Do you know what could be causing this?

A: Slight surges at higher speeds under steady...

Slight surges at higher speeds under steady cruise like this, can be an indication of a transmission or clutch slippage issue. This is possible because of the drive gear ratio automatic transmission internal wear, or clutch disc wear on a manual transmission, will become pronounced at higher speeds. You may need to have a mechanic inspect the loss of power issue and recommend repair alternatives.