Q: Miss on cylinder 1

Service engine light comes on and my mechanic gets cylinder 1 misfire code on his diagnostic.He's replaced the wire and coil set,new plugs ,and a new fuel injector on cylinder 1.The miss seems worse at startup,as the engine reaches operating temperature it is still there but not as prominent.

A: Hey. You may have excessive carbon build up...

Hey. You may have excessive carbon build up on the intake valves or a broken valve spring or a sticking valve. Have the combustion chambers cleaned using Ford combustion chamber cleaner and spray or have it sucked into the intake to clean the carbon off of the valves. If you see this improve the problem then you may have to have it done several times to get all the carbon off of the valves. If it does not improve, then have the compression checked to see if the cylinder has a compression problem and a valve spring may be broken. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the misfire issue.