Q: Miss bit engine

Hi guys, Happy New Year Have issues with my little Toyota . Starts fine ,drives fine but when suddenly stops(traffic lights) engine is loosing bit for half sec and than continues as normal.Incrise of engine vibrations as results of the miss bit Don't stop just engine is loosing a bit . Looking forward on your reply Bobby

Happy New Year to you as well! It sounds like your little Toyota may be experiencing a bad battery. When the battery is weak, old, or has an internal fault it can create a multitude of driving concerns; many exhibit the concern you have. Your car has an electronic throttle and is sensitive to the electrical fluctuations of a failing battery; I have actually diagnosed this exact concern on a Rav 4 while at the Toyota dealership. Have the battery properly tested with a digital tester that provides the current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health. If the battery is ok, then a diagnosis may be in order to determine the root cause. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a battery test and, if needed, a rough idle inspection.

3. Miss bit engine