Q: Misfire in cylinder #7

I pulled the ignition coil out of my engine and there was oil around the bottom of the boot, and oil sitting in the spark plug well. I know that usually people say that this is the sign of a bad valve cover gasket, but would I not see oil on the whole boot instead of just at the bottom. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really see any signs of oil anywhere except the bottom. Any information is greatly appreciated, and if it's the valve cover gasket, I guess it is what it is.

Anytime the valve cover is leaking oil into the spark plug tube you will see oil in the bottom of the hole and maybe just residue on the upper part of plug boot. Clean the tube out and replace the shorted boots and replace the valve cover gasket and tube seals.