Q: Misfire - 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse

I have a Check Engine Light on my vehicle and it is a misfiring. The other code is telling me that there is an intake leak. What do I do to diagnose the problem.

Hey there. These two codes are most likely related as an intake air leak can cause a misfire due to the lean fuel condition it creates. When there are no intake air leaks present, your car runs smoothly based upon a specific air/fuel mixture. When there is an air leak present, this causes an imbalance in this perfect mixture which will result in a lean fuel mixture causing the engine to misfire. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the misfire problem so that this can be repaired.