Q: Minivan seized while driving 50 mph

While I was driving 50 mph, my minivan seized. I had to have it towed to the dearlership where they reported to me that the front wheel bearing was rusted and corroded. The unit was replaced as well as the front wheel bearing “3” times! What would be a permanent fix for this problem so I will not have to keep having these replacements made?

Hello. There is a high incidence of this with Saturns, and no apparent "permanent" fix. Modern front wheel drive bearings are also (by design) sensitive to potholes, curbing, metal plates in the street - anything that is a shock load to the bearing. Not something all of us can avoid, but something to be aware of as you drive. You may want too have an expert take a inspect the suspension in order to pinpoint any underlying issues that may have not been caught by the dealership.