Q: Minivan has rumbling noise

Our minivan recently developed a rumbling noise. It’s the kind of noise/feel like when you are going over those rumble strips (but you’re not). When I drive at 55-60 mph, it doesn’t do it. But when stopping and then accelerating, that is when it seems to rumble. Then once I reach 55-60, it stops. This will happen two-three times. It just doesn’t feel right! For more details that might help: I’m thinking perhaps I put bad gas into my minivan. A different station than my usual one, was .10 cents less expensive and I used their gasoline. Now, I realize that it was after my trip there that this problem started happening. Could that be what happened? Also, before I go to my appointment (already made) with the dealership, I would like your diagnostic assessment. Thank you.

I don’t think that it is the gasoline that has to do with this. From the description you give of the rumbling, it sounds more like a tire or wheel bearing issue. Without seeing the vehicle in person, it would be hard to determine which one is causing the problem. Before moving forward with any repairs, you should definitely have a trained technician come take a look at the car in order to diagnose the rumbling noise.