Q: Middle of a 1 hour drive; all the sudden my enginer got much louder, especially when accelerating, to a point it kind of sounded l

Upon middle of a drive (So I was already driving for 20+ minutes at 50-60mph). All the sudden I could tell my engine got louder and as I press on the gas it would get louder as I accelerate. As well as over 50ish MPH I could hear a faint clicking like sound in front of me (in the engine area). RPM looked normal to my knowledge and I could still accelerate if I needed to. But the revving noise I mentioned would get really loud in the cabin of the vehicle if I did.

It’s either an exhaust leak or a mechanical problem. As you are describing it, the noise is loud, sustained and obvious so the origin will be apparent to the mechanic if you request a vehicle noise inspection. Loud noises, that appear to vary with engine speed, can also be caused by failed wheel bearings but, again, whatever the origin of the noise is if you request an inspection the responding certified mechanic will pinpoint the origin of the noise and indicate the required repairs and cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Middle of a 1 hour drive; all the sudden my enginer got much louder, especially when accelerating, to a point it kind of sounded l