Q: Miata is giving difficulty and grinding when changing gears.

This problem is intermittent. I'm definitely having to use more force than I should and there is a grinding sound both when I switch and half-way through letting go of the clutch. I can feel the grinding in the clutch pedal. Outside of that, the car is performing fine

The clutch might not be disengaging all the way due to the hydraulic system not pressing the clutch all the way in or the pressure plate is failing. You should be able to from a stand still and engine running in neutral press in on clutch and engage 1st gear. If you cannot then try 2nd gear. If both gears do not engage without force. then have the system diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will quickly and accurately diagnose your shifting issue so that the correct repair is made the first time.

3. Miata is giving difficulty and grinding when changing gears.