Q: mercedes benz g500 2005 problem

The problem isthat my g wagon some times don't shifts right like it won't shift to 2 gear or some times it doesn't shifts back to first gear so i take to de dealership and they told me to change the transition computer and i paid for it and then 2 weeks leater the problem came back again and they told me that i need to change the wire harness and is very expensive, i don't know what to do can someone help me please thanks soooo much :(My car has 77000 miles.My car has an automatic transmission.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If your transmission sometimes won’t shift to second gear and sometimes the transmission won’t shift back to first gear, then there is a problem with the valve body and electronic shift solenoids. The computer makes the shift solenoids come on during shifting with road speed and engine RPM’s and the transmission shift solenoids apply pressure to the gear selections. When the solenoids get hot, they will not function, even if the computer is still sending signals to the solenoids. I recommend replacing the shift solenoids and replacing the output shaft sensor. This should cure the issue you are having. If you need assistance with diagnosing your shift problems, seek out a professional, preferably a Your Mechanic professional to help you with your vehicle.