Q: Mechanic tore up the rubber inside my door, what should I do?

I went to get a new window motor and regulator put in my car window and I saw that he took off the door panel and had torn that black rubbery layer off the door in little pieces, when I asked about it he told me that he is planning on gluing it back together! I don't know what to do, car parts stores don't sell it, should I confront him about this or is it nothing important, I'm Sure this large rubbery plastic that was sealing the inside panel of the car must be there for a reason but unfortunately I'm not good with cars to figure out how to resolve this so please help

3. Mechanic tore up the rubber inside my door, what should I do?