Q: Mechanic tore up the rubber inside my door, what should I do?

I went to get a new window motor and regulator put in my car window and I saw that he took off the door panel and had torn that black rubbery layer off the door in little pieces, when I asked about it he told me that he is planning on gluing it back together! I don't know what to do, car parts stores don't sell it, should I confront him about this or is it nothing important, I'm Sure this large rubbery plastic that was sealing the inside panel of the car must be there for a reason but unfortunately I'm not good with cars to figure out how to resolve this so please help

Sounds like you are talking about the weather seal. I would confront the mechanic and ask him to replace it. Yes it is important because it keeps water out of your car when it rains. If you need to get the weather seal you may have to go to the dealership but I am sure you can find it at another parts store.

3. Mechanic tore up the rubber inside my door, what should I do?