Q: mechanic has car but not fixing it

• mobile mechanic says he can replace02 audi turbos. he has had car for 10 weeks now and still not completed job. He is avoiding texts. He wont admit he is over his head. I want car back. Do i pay him? How do i know if he did job correctly if he does complete job? We are honest people.

A: You can ask for the car back and would have...

You can ask for the car back and would have to pay him for the work he has done already. I suggest you have another mechanic look at the car to see how much was done and how much is needed to be done. There may be a reason to have the vehicle this long. If no work has been done you will not have to pay anything more than the diagnostic fee and possibly a storage fee.