Q: Mazda says that I need a engine. After two years of dealing with a Mazda shop not knowing what to do with the car. Now I need a

RX 8 engine problems

If your present engine is original and it has operated over 200,000 miles, you did very well. Not knowing your mechanic’s specific diagnostic, though, it is hard to give you optimal advice about how to proceed. An initial priority is to make sure that your present engine is truly "not repairable". To understand that possibility, or rule it in or out, you need an engine diagnostic. If you request a no start diagnostic the responding certified mechanic can take a look at what you have, do some standard tests, and let you know if there is any way to repair and extend the life of what you have. Even in the event that your present engine is not repairable in situ, but must be rebuilt or replaced with a used or remanufactured engine, such is doable and happens all the time. Some mechanics in certain YourMechanic service areas can do that for you, too. You just have to check. At any rate, the very first priority should be to make sure there is just no way to repair what you have and to do that you need an accurate and complete diagnostic in hand. If you request that diagnostic, the YourMechanic specialist can then help you to make the best decision for yourself. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• Mazda says that I need a engine. After two years of dealing with a Mazda shop not knowing what to do with the car. Now I need a