Q: mazda mpv blowing very hot air after water pump replacement.Both lower &upper hoese are hot. I this 1. Air pocket 2.thermostat fa

Mazda mpv water pump replaced. now engine is hot. Both upper and lower hoses are full and hot what is the problem? Never had this before the pump replacement.. something went wrong. My mechanic wants to replce the catalytic converter. I think this is something with the coolant/radiator circulation??

Harry

A scan tool should be used to confirm the actual temperature. If it is higher than 220 degrees, then it is running hot. If it is running hot, and that did not occur prior to the pump replacement, there could be trapped air in the cooling system, the pump drive belt might be loose, or perhaps debris was introduced during the repair that has blocked a cooling passageway. If none of the foregoing are the cause, then you have to look at the larger slate of causes of overheating including low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, and non functioning cooling fans. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition, blocked exhaust, and so forth can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. mazda mpv blowing very hot air after water pump replacement.Both lower &upper hoese are hot. I this 1. Air pocket 2.thermostat fa