Q: Match powder smell of the engine

Sometimes I can smell what seems like a powder of a match. My yard machine smells like that too. All these engines are carbonated. I am wondering if the gasoline I'm buying or something messed up. Could it be the oil I'm smelling?

A: It's most likely gasoline. Go buy your ...

It's most likely gasoline. Go buy your gasoline someplace else. It's probably got high sulfur content that has burned and you are going to smell it. Occasionally, some oils also have a high sulfur content, so you might change the brand of oil you are using because it's got to be something that you are putting in your engine that is making it burn. Usually, it's gasoline that has too high sulfur content. If you need to have the smell verified and diagnosed, a mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to take a look at of your car and determine how you can resolve this issue.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籗ave up to 30%