Q: Master warning light on

I can't get in to see a local dealer for an appointment until early November and I'm getting ready for a long road trip. I am concerned about what this light could potentially mean. From what I've read, it could be something simple, but what is the worst case scenario? Thanks!

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Your best bet is...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Your best bet is to visit your local auto parts store and let an associate scan your vehicles computer with a code reader. If your vehicle hasn’t ran differently since you’ve noticed the code, then it is more than likely it is something that will be a cheap and easy fix. If it ends up being something that effects the drivability of the vehicle, I recommend hiring a qualified mechanic to perform the work before you take your extend road trip. Anything that effects the drivability of the vehicle should be taken care of prior to your extended road trip. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform a 75-point safety inspection for you before you depart for your road trip.