Q: Master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder replaced

Six months ago I started having intermittent shaking when my car would start in 1st gear. Eventually there was a loss of clutch pressure so I took my car to the dealership. They read that there was a TSB (technical service bulletin) for clutch pressure so they replaced the clutch fluid with dot4 fluid. Two days after that repair, my car lost clutch pressure again! Back to the dealership and this time they had to replace the master cylinder and the clutch slave cylinder. That repair job lasted for eight months and now the shaking started happening again. I’m just waiting for the pattern to complete with full loss of clutch pressure again and another repair job of more faulty parts. My dealer did acknowledge that this is a common problem among my make/model. Can you tell me what would permanently repair and fix this clutch slave cylinder problem?

Unfortunately, using the same plastic clutch slave cylinder assembly the vehicle was manufactured with will cause the same results if the vehicle is abused. The plastic part is very strong, but cannot withstand the heat and pressure from hard driving. You may be able to do some research and find a higher performance part produced by an aftermarket company, as some companies specialize in manufacturing upgraded parts for higher performance. If you would like some assistance with this, one of the technicians from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the shaking problem and let you know what repairs are needed.

3. Master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder replaced