Q: Marker lights not working

I was changing my tag lights to aftermarket lights and after I hooked up one like I tested it and it worked fine then I left the lights on to change the other light and when I got done hooking it up lights cut off and they did not come back on I have brake lights turn signals but I do not have marker lights

Hey there. It is possible that a fuse blew when the new light was installed with the vehicle in the on position. I would recommend checking the marker light fuse to determine if it has blown. It is always best practice to install electronic parts with the battery disconnected in the future to avoid problems such as this one. If the fuse is not blown, I would recommend installing the old lights to determine if the old parts will still work. If the old lights still work, the issue is likely related to the aftermarket lights or the installation of the aftermarket lights. If you would like to have a technician scope out the problem in person, a certified expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the light issue and have it corrected.